By Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin
- Provides a complete evaluation of the commercial, socio-cultural, and aesthetic elements that give a contribution to cinematic representations of race, classification, gender, and sexuality
- Includes over a hundred illustrations, thesaurus of keywords, questions for dialogue, and lists for extra reading/viewing
- Includes new case reviews of a couple of movies, together with Crash, Brokeback Mountain, and Quinceañera
Read Online or Download America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies PDF
Similar film & video art books
This final insider's consultant finds the secrets and techniques that none dare admit, instructed via a convey biz veteran who is confirmed that you should promote your script when you can keep the cat!
Utilising recommendations in media stories, southern cultural experiences, and techniques to the worldwide South, this selection of essays examines facets of the southern imaginary in American cinema and gives clean perception into the evolving box of southern movie studies. In their creation, Deborah Barker and Kathryn McKee argue that the southern imaginary in movie isn't really contained via the limits of geography and style; it isn't an offshoot or subgenre of mainstream American movie yet is crucial to the historical past and the improvement of yankee cinema.
The Italian cinema is thought of as one of many nice pillars of worldwide cinema. motion pictures like Ladri di biciclette (1948), los angeles dolce vita (1960), and Nuovo cinema Paradiso (1988) attracted extraordinary foreign acclaim and a name, which simply keep growing. Italian cinema has produced such performing legends as Sophia Loren and Roberto Benigni, in addition to world-renowned filmmakers like Federico Fellini, Sergio Leone, Mario Bava, Dario Argento, and Lina WertmYller, the 1st lady to ever be nominated for the simplest Director award.
Now together with an advantage essay on topics of sentimentality and globalisation in Jean-Pierre Jeunet's 2001 movie, Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain. Jean-Luc Godard's early movies - as much as the pivotal Weekend (1967) have been made up our minds to turn out the adage that every one you want to make a film is "a woman and a gun".
- Klein, Sartre and Imagination in the Films of Ingmar Bergman
- Get Carter and Beyond: The Cinema of Mike Hodges
- Immediations: The Humanitarian Impulse in Documentary (a Camera Obscura Book)
- The Making of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (Enhanced Edition)
- Crafting Short Screenplays That Connect
Additional info for America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies